Saturday, October 14, 2023

Walking in the rain

When I stepped out for my morning walk today, I was a little hesitant. The skies were cloudy and it looked as if there would be a heavy downpour in a few minutes. There was a light drizzle as well. I was so tempted to go inside. Still, I just couldn't do that.

I started my two wheeler and looked up at the skies above and said silently, "Please, don't rain until Iam done with my walk". Why are you doing this to me", I asked the world.

I drove to the park. The air was cool and the clouds filled the skies completely. It seemed to me that there was magic in the air and I was about to experience something beautiful.

I started my walk after reaching the park and it started drizzling. That is when I realized that nature was giving me the gift that I wanted. I have been wanting to walk in the rain for the last few weeks. It was a desire that kept growing every day. It might seem stupid to many when they hear this. "Have you never walked in the rain", they might ask. Yes, I have. But it is usually to go somewhere or run some errand. I have never actually stepped out to just experience walking in the rain.

When I understood this, I decided to stop thinking and just enjoy my walk. It was like playing hide and seek with the rain as I walked under the tree branches. And then as the drizzle turned to light shower, I asked myself if I should stop. I looked around and found people walking. Some had pulled out their umbrellas and held them in one hand while walking. "Iam not crazy to go on", I told myself, smiling at the people who continued to walk. And so I went on unmindful of getting a little wet. Every time I thought of stopping under the shades they had put up at a few places, the people who continued walking would inspire me and I would continue again.

"How is it that nature looked more full of life when it rains, the trees look more greener", I wondered.

I finally finished my walk and got back home, smiling all the way while driving back. I had wanted this and it seems I was given the experience that I so desired all these days. I wished I could have stayed back and spent more time in there. Some day, I would do that.



No comments:

Post a Comment