Saturday, October 21, 2023

Walking again in the rain

It seemed to me that the universe was playing games with me. The skies were clear when I ventured out for my morning walk. And just went I had started walking, it started to drizzle. When I looked up to check on the clouds, it started to pour. I had been already in a bad mood for the last few minutes going from anger to frustration and it seemed the weather was complimenting my mood. 

"Why are you doing this to me again?", I asked, looking up. There were a bunch of people standing under a man made structure that served as a temporary shelter from the rains. They were all strangers and I moved to a far end and pulled up my phone, the only connection to my small world. 

Raj must have finished and left. How convenient for him that the weather is also on his side. Before I could think if it was right or wrong, i had already sent a message to him. "Was it ok to message", I asked myself.  "It is already done and too late to change it. Besides, he can always not reply. No one is forcing him to respond". Thankfully, he responded. And just like that I felt safe. 

It is surprising on how a conversation with someone you know could make you feel safe when you were in the midst of strangers. 

It stopped raining and I resumed my walk. In a few minutes, I could see the sun's rays through a small opening between two branches of a tree. Nature always surprises me. I looked up after some time and there was the sun, a white halo among the clouds. It seemed that it was trying to fool me in thinking it was the moon. Just a few days back, I was telling someone that I liked the moon than the sun. It was as if the sun was not happy with it and wanted to show me how beautiful it was as well. I smiled and just like that my heart felt lighter and I was back to my normal self. 

No comments:

Post a Comment